The Powerhouse Museum is looking for an ongoing, full-time Senior Curator responsible for delivering exhibitions and programs at the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences with a focus on contemporary curatorial practice.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably at post graduate level, combined with demonstrated curatorial experience within a major museum or gallery or as an independent curator with a proven record of scholarly achievement.
- Proven record of initiating, curating and delivering exhibitions of excellence within a strong, original, insightful and responsive curatorial vision.
- Demonstrated experience in working on multi-disciplinary commissions with diverse groups of cultural producers and practitioners, writers, designers, architects, visual and performing artists, academics, scientists, technologists, and cultural studies specialists amongst others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; IT literate, analytical and decision making skills; project management and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience identifying opportunities to secure external funding/assistance/revenue to support contemporary projects and initiatives.
The salary package is up to $132,508, which includes a salary of $119,547, plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The application, which must be filled out at I Work for NSW must include:
- Cover Letter – No more than two A4 pages and must include statements in response to the two questions:
- Provide a case study for a recent exhibition or project you have initiated, managed and developed with a focus on curating contemporary content. Explain your approach to interpretation and understanding audience, stakeholder and partner engagement. How did you demonstrate leadership?
- Describe a situation where you have had to influence or obtain cooperation from a person or group. What did you do to achieve this? What was the result?
- Resume – No more than three A4 pages and including 3 referee contacts.
Applications close 11:59pm, Sunday 29 April 2018.