The History Council of NSW aims to ensure that history, in all its diverse forms, is an important part of the cultural life of the people and communities of NSW.
We provide services and programs, which aim to build capacity within the history sector and showcase the importance of history.
We focus on five key areas: awareness, diversity, excellence, advocacy and outreach.
Our objectives are to:
- provide a forum for identifying and responding to issues of relevance to the practice of history
- support history’s role in informing and shaping public debate, policy and future planning
- recognise the diversity of historical perspectives, including those of Indigenous peoples, and encourage excellence in historical practice
- facilitate communication within the history community and provide opportunities for collaboration
- provide professional development activities and opportunities for our members and audiences across NSW.
Want to support our work? Become a member today
The History Council of NSW is staffed part time by Nicole Cama, Amy Way and Alexandria Hawkins, and is governed by the Executive Committee and General Council.
Nicole is a professional historian who enjoys sharing interesting stories from the past in creative ways.
Programs OfficerAmy is a PhD Candidate at Macquarie University specialising in Australian history and Deep History.
Administrative AssistantAllie completed a Masters of Research at Macquarie University in 2017, exploring autobiographies of female Holocaust survivors.
Let us know what you thinkWhat services and programs do you think the we should offer our members and audiences?
Some of our members and supporters have already voted on what they would like to see.
Help us collect more information and improve our services and programs.