Image: built on Canva, using Canva images
Members – did you know you can volunteer to be on an HCNSW Subcommittee?
Subcommittees are a great way to get to know the work of our organisation, contribute ideas and network with other Historians on a regular basis.
We have a number of HCNSW Subcommittees, each staffed by 3-4 volunteer members. Vacancies occur from time to time and are advertised via our newsletters and the Announcements tab on this site.
Our current subcommittees & members are:
- Events: (Dr Kiera Lindsey, Richard Neville & Dr Matthew Allen)
- Grants: (Associate Professor Nancy Cushing, Dr Isobelle Barrett Meyering & Laila Ellmoos)
- Annual History Awards: (Professor Michael McDonnell, Associate Professor Jan Láníček , Dr Naomi Parry-Duncan & Associate Professor Julie McIntyre)
- First Nations: (Dr Stephen Gapps, Dr Leah Lui-Chivizhe & Associate Professor Julie McIntyre)
(Note: we also have plans to establish a Heritage Subcommittee in the near future).
We encourage active participation by our subcommittee members, whose duties include, variously:
- Recommending courses of action that align with company values of equity, diversity and the practice of history in all its forms
- Advising the HCNSW about grants, potential partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
- Co-writing grant applications for the HCNSW
- Judging our Annual History Awards
- Provision of insights about current History research & practice that would be of interest to our members and the general public
- Attending HCNSW & other History Events, where feasible, and acting as Chair of an HCNSW panel
- Writing occasional stories for our newsletter and website about their work on HCNSW subcommittees
- Reporting to the Executive Committee and General Council of the HCNSW about subcommittee work.
HCNSW Subcommittees generally meet online once a month.
For more information about what we do, see our Annual Report
Location: Remote (usually via Zoom)
Times: meeting are held once a month for 8-10 months of the year, usually for 1 hr (5:00 – 6:00pm).
To find out more, contact us.