This event, hosted by The Glebe Society Inc., is a wonderful opportunity to find out a whole lot more about how to research the history of your house online.
A panel of Glebeites who have recently researched their own homes will share their experience and provide useful guidance to neophyte house researchers. You will learn about using online resources to help answer such questions as:
- What is the architectural style of your property?
- When was your house built and by whom?
- How has the property been used over time – commercial, residential, educational?
- Who owned your house and who lived in it? What did they do for work, who are their family members and their local connections?
- How was the land used prior to it being developed?
- What were the previous land uses? Demolished buildings? Farming, recreational, sporting?
- Where can you find old photos of your house?
- Where can you find historical maps and plans of your street or estate?
When: Saturday 4 November 2017, 11:00am-1:00pm.
Where: Glebe Town Hall, 160 Saint Johns Road, Glebe NSW 2037
Cost: Glebe Society members $10, General $30.