Fairfield City Council is seeking applications for a temporary part-time Assistant Curator. Located in the Fairfield City Museum and Gallery, the Assistant Curator will work closely with the Social History and Exhibitions Curator providing research and curatorial support to facilitate the delivery of Fairfield City Museum and Gallery’s strategic plan through their annual exhibition program. The position will contribute to the delivery of key projects incorporating research and administrative tasks including exhibition research and planning, managing contacts and correspondence, assisting with the coordination of catalogues and exhibition documentation. This position will also liaise with community organisations, individuals, internal and external stakeholders to achieve a successful exhibition program outcome.
The role’s essential requirements are:
- Tertiary qualifications in History, Museum Studies, or Museum Curating preferred with a demonstrated interest in the Arts
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and strong problem solving skills
- Highly developed writing and copy editing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as closely in a small team
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian history
- Proven experience in exhibition development
- Excellent research skills with the ability to work methodically under limited supervision to meet deadlines
- Proven skills in establishing priorities, coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Experience in working with staff, museum/gallery professionals, artists and the public
- Experience in being flexible/versatile to ensure project success
- Current NSW Drivers’ Licence
For more details on the role, who to contact and how to apply click here.
Applications close friday 12 August 2016.