Fairfield City Museum and Gallery is currently inviting artists to submit expressions of interest for our 2019 Fairfield Artist in Residence (AiR) program. The Residency will be available for 12 weeks between the months of March 2019 – June 2019 and will result in a 3 month exhibition in the Stein Gallery in late 2019 to early 2020. Applications close midnight Sunday 17 June 2018.
Who is eligible to apply:
This Residency is open to artists from across Australia and internationally, with preference given to artists living and working in Western Sydney. A range of artforms are suitable for the residency including (but not limited to) visual art, sculpture, installation, screen, digital and new media art, mixed media and photography.
What is provided:
- $5,000 Artist Fees for a 3 month residency
- Up to $1,000 towards materials
- 3 month exhibition in our Stein Gallery to showcase work (in-kind value $10K)
- Production of a catalogue
- Marketing and promotion
- A dedicated studio to work in (available from Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 10am-4pm)
- Quality of artist’s work
- Proven track record and capacity to deliver the Residency within the timeframe
- Suitability of proposed project to our exhibition space and studio
- Willingness to actively participate in our community engagement programs
- Proposal is innovative and pushes artistic/ creative boundaries
- Proposed works are unique and not just continuing current body of work in a different studio space
- Engages with and / or has significance for Fairfield communities
- Willingness to work with the FCMG curator in developing and planning the exhibition content
- Working with Children check or willingness to obtain one
- Willingness to participate in the FCMG site induction and adherence to Fairfield City Council’s Code of Conduct and WHS policies.
Fairfield City Museum and Gallery is an arts and heritage facility, owned by Fairfield City Council. Established in 1983, the Museum and Gallery is located on the site of the original Council Chambers, and is situated in one of the most culturally diverse areas in the world. Fairfield City Museum and Gallery is a catalyst in the development of Fairfield City’s rich cultural and creative life. The diverse cultural and creative identity of Fairfield City communities is reflected and celebrated through our program.
Applications close midnight Sunday 17 June 2018.
Contact: Ruth at Fairfield City Museum & Gallery on 02 9725 0190 or email email@example.com