Applications are now open for the Oral History NSW‘s Community History Award. The award is designed to acknowledge the work of individuals or community groups who are recording the histories of their communities. Eligible projects may include the development of new oral history collections, digital and multimedia projects (including websites or podcasts) and printed publications based on oral history interviews.
– Applicants must be members of OHNSW and undertaking projects based in the ACT and/or NSW.
– Eligible projects must have been active and have produced outputs (such as a publication,
website, or launch of a new collection) in the 12 months prior to the entry submission date.
– The prize is open to community-based oral history practitioners. This includes members of volunteer organisations, professional historians and freelance workers.
– Projects that have received funding in the form of research grants or institutional support are eligible.
– Projects conducted towards an educational qualification or degree are not eligible for this award.
Download the application form here .