EDIT 31/8/16: On Tuesday 6 September 2016 Arts NSW and the Australian Museum are running a seminar to assist applicants for the History Fellowship. Places are limited so get in quick!
Applications are now open for Arts NSWs’ 2016 History Fellowship! The fellowship is offered by the NSW Government to a historian or practitioner working with history to undertake a self-directed program of professional development. The Fellowship will also offer a unique opportunity to undertake a commissioned piece of research with the Australian Museum based on its significant NSW Aboriginal collection.
The program of professional development is to enable the acquisition or development of skills, create new work or research, develop networks or mentorships, whether through facilitated formal or informal learning opportunities.
The fellowship includes a $30,000 cash component, and an opportunity to undertake a commission with the Australian Museum of $20,000. These two opportunities may be awarded independently of each other. Funding is available for activities commencing 1 December 2016.
Who can apply for the fellowship?
- To be eligible to apply, you must be a historian/practitioner working in the discipline of history.
- The applicant should also be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; and a
- NSW resident (which is defined as being resident for at least 12 months prior to making an application).
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised historians or historical organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- skills development
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
Please read the 2016 NSW History Fellowship Guidelines (pdf) before applying.APPLY NOW
Applications close 19 September 2016, 5pm AEST