Australasian Victorian Studies Association 2020 Conference Call for Papers now open!
Don’t miss out on this amazing professional development opportunity with Monash University & AVSA as they invite you to submit your research papers that interpret any aspect of the nineteenth century in relation to their Conference theme “Small Worlds: Connections, Collaborations, and Conflicts”.
Papers range in disciplinary background including Literature, History, Music and Art History.
Proposals might address such topics as the following:
- Travelling, tourism and travel writing
- Urbanisation and the city
- Empires, nationalism, colonialism
- Race, ethnicity, indigeneity
- Literature and the periodical press
- Scientific and medical advancement
- Intellectual, artistic, and political communities
- Religion and missionary work
- The Victorian city
- Collaborative research within Victorian Studies
The Conference will be held at Monash University, Melbourne on the 17th-19th June 2020.
Deadline | Please submit your proposals by the 20th January 2020 to conferences convenors Dr Michelle Smith and Associate Professor Paul Watt.
For more information regarding the deadline and proposal requirements | visit the Australasian Victorian Studies Association’s website.