Urbis, a market-leading firm with the goal of shaping the cities and communities of Australia, is seeking a Historian/Heritage Researcher to join their Heritage Consulting team full-time.
Drawing together a network of the brightest minds, Urbis consists of practice experts who work collaboratively across the areas of planning, design, policy, heritage, valuations, transactions, economics and research.
Urbis’ Sydney team are looking for a motivated and proactive Historian, a lateral thinker and outstanding communicator who wants to be involved in city-shaping projects for a diverse range of private and public sector clients.
The responsibilities include:
- Assist the team in compilation of detailed and relevant historical analysis that contributes to a range of heritage reports including; heritage studies, conservation management plans, heritage impact statements, interpretation, archival recording
- Report drafting supported by senior staff
- Gather historical data from various sources, including archives, books, and artefacts
- Analyse and interpret historical information to determine its authenticity and significance
This position would suit someone who is a recent Graduate or someone with up to two years’ experience in a similar role with a combination of the following competencies:
- Understanding of Heritage principles and the ability to apply them
- Ability to undertake heritage research utilising multiple sources and methodologies; and present a preliminary assessment of findings
- Demonstrated ability in property research, demonstrate problem solving and lateral interpretation skills, report writing and communication skills
- General understanding of heritage industry and various agencies
More experienced candidates will also be considered dependant on demonstrated experience.
Applications close 21 May 2017.
Call Maddison Butler, HR Consultant, on 8233 9917 for more information.