Do you want to help to grow the business of a small cultural organisation? The History Council of New South Wales (HCNSW) is offering a rare opportunity to work with us.
As part of a small and dedicated team, the Programs & Administrative Officer will be required to undertake take day-to-day administrative tasks and event coordination in the HCNSW office. This includes membership services, social media, program coordination, bookkeeping and support for the Executive Officer, to whom this position reports.
Applicants should be prepared to work occasional flexible hours to assist with evening and weekend events.
Duration of contract & location: this is a three-day-a-week temporary role until 27 December 2019, with a possibility of extension, commencing as soon as possible. Location: HCNSW Office, Don Bank Museum, 6 Napier Street, North Sydney.
For a copy of the Duty Statement, more information about the duties, application process or remuneration, please contact Catherine Shirley, Executive Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proven skills in administration, project and event coordination
- Social media knowledge and experience of cultural campaigns
- Demonstrable communication skills of a high level – verbal, written and digital
- Personal – collaborative, flexible, possess a “can-do” attitude and a desire to learn new skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software or similar and its application in a wider suite of digital programs, eg G Suite.
- History graduate or equivalent degree/experience
- MYOB Essentials bookkeeping system/similar
Applications will only be accepted online. Please fill out the application form (via the button at the top of this page), which includes the selection criteria, and include the following attachments:
- A brief statement of application or cover letter
- A full curriculum vitae that includes contact details
Closing date: Sunday, 3 March 2019.
Candidates must possess permission to work in Australia for their application to be considered.