The History Council of NSW (HCNSW) is seeking a new Executive Officer. The position is for three days a week until the end of 2018, with a possibility of extension subject to funding, and is responsible for managing the HCNSW.
Duties include executive support to the General Council and Executive Committee, financial planning and management, liaising with funding bodies, staff management, communications management, public relations, and working with multiple stakeholders.
Help us support the history community through key events like History Week and work closely with the General Council toward achieving the HCNSW’s aims.
Applications for the position close at 5pm, Monday 30 April 2018.
- Ability to build and maintain networks and relevant stakeholder relationships across the sector, including with government and funding organisations such as Create NSW, cultural partners and member organisations and individuals
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including the preparation of grant applications and submissions
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain and use online platforms effectively such as website content management systems and social media networks
- Demonstrated financial planning and management skills
- A degree in History or a related discipline
- Willingness to attend events outside of normal office hours, in evenings, on weekends and in regional locations.
How to apply
Please fill out the application form, which includes the selection criteria, and include the following attachments:
- A brief statement of application or cover letter
- A full curriculum vitae that includes contact details
It is recommended applicants write their responses to the selection criteria in a separate document and copy and paste their responses into the fields provided as the form does not save data.
For enquiries about the selection criteria, the application process, remuneration, and the duty statement please contact Associate Professor Tanya Evans, President of the HCNSW, at email@example.com.
*It is recommended applicants write their responses to the selection criteria in a separate document and copy and paste their responses into the fields provided as the form does not save data.