GML Heritage are advertising for a Historian/Heritage Consultant to join their Sydney team full-time.
The Heritage Places Team is looking for an applicant who will take pride in working for an influential cross-disciplinary heritage consultancy that has a great portfolio of challenging projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work alongside enthusiastic and experienced practitioners in an engaged and collaborative environment. GML undertakes exciting projects throughout Australia. You will be required to prepare histories and interpretation plans and strategies for a range of projects of varying scale. The role may also include input to the design of interpretation products, dependent upon your skills in the Adobe InDesign program.
- hold a degree (ideally with Masters) in applied history or a related discipline and have at least two years’ experience in a consulting environment.
- have proven experience in conducting historic research and writing summaries and detailed histories for a range of heritage reports including heritage assessments, conservation management plans, and heritage impact statements.
- be familiar with local and state archives and libraries, including the State Library of New South Wales, the City of Sydney Archives and State Records of New South Wales, as well as national institutions, such as the National Library and National Archives.
- have demonstrable experience in writing interpretation strategies and plans, and developing interpretive content for heritage-listed places. Experience in exhibition curation and an ability to undertake design work using Adobe InDesign is desirable.
- be a team player who can undertake large projects in multidisciplinary teams, and work within time and budget constraints.
- be able to effectively manage projects and budgets, and assist colleagues with general inquiries relating to historical research.
Applications close Wednesday 16 November 2016.
GML is a vibrant, attentive and sustainable consultancy that collaborates with clients and communities to deliver heritage services of enduring value. Their multidisciplinary in-house consulting team has expertise in built heritage, conservation planning, industrial heritage, historical archaeology, Aboriginal archaeology and cultural heritage management, and interpretation. GML focuses on delivering innovative and influential heritage advice.