- Be a part of Australia’s independent national broadcaster
- Sydney/Brisbane location
- $82K – $89K p.a. + choice of 15.4% super
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has an opportunity to join their Australian Story team. They are seeking a creative Digital Producer with a keen eye for character to join a team of acclaimed storytellers. Digital Producers will collaborate with story producers to develop ideas for how ‘best’ to tell a story digitally, with a focus on mobile consumption habits.
The role includes:
- Working with the ABC’s Content Management System to deliver online stories and monitor their performance.
- Editing short form videos or other clips for distribution on social platforms to help grow our Australian following.
- Managing the programs presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and developing strategies for expanding on other emerging social platforms.
- Making and scheduling posts on social platforms, including optimising headlines, writing copy and selecting the most intriguing thumbnails.
- Maintaining a keen awareness of industry developments and audience trends, in particular on mobile devices, and implementing these insights during the commissioning process.
- Using data analytics to gather social learnings, sharing them with the wider team and exploring ways to involve audiences to deepen reporting.
The applicant will
- Be an effective communicator, self-starter with superior social media judgement and have a previous experience in a social media role. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media will be second-nature to you — with the ability to effectively read analytics from each story.
- Have the ability to craft tweets, Facebook posts that people want to share and engage with.
- Have a well-rounded knowledge of photo and video editing software.
- Be a team player with an interest and understanding of creating, promoting, and distributing shareable content across multiple platforms.
- Have a thorough understanding of the social web, copyright issues, Australian media law.
The ABC is also looking for people who can bring a perspective of culturally diverse communities and contribute to stories, conversations and entertainment that reflect the broader Australian diversity landscape.
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: P381178 Digital Producer Australian Story B6.pdf
The ABC would love to see your work! Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers. For further information contact Deborah Masters, Executive Producer Australian Story, on (02) 8333 5554.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
Applications Close Sunday 11 June 2017