The Tamworth Regional Council is seeking a qualified and passionate Cultural Collections Officer to join the dynamic Art Gallery and Museum team.
- Exciting New Role
- Full-Time Position
- Contribute to Regional Museums and the Arts
Reporting directly to the Director, Art Gallery & Museums, this role will support the museums and volunteers across the region to develop, manage and promote their collections and programs to visitors and the community, including:
- Building strong relationships and networks with volunteers in our museums and the Tamworth Regional Gallery;
- Providing specialist strategic and technical expertise in relation to museum and gallery operations;
- Identifying, developing and facilitating training of museum and gallery volunteers and providing on-going mentoring;
- and working collaboratively with volunteers to develop and implement strategies to promote our museums and the Tamworth Regional Gallery to visitors and the community.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor of History, Arts, Cultural Studies or a relevant tertiary qualification, together with:
- Experience working within museums and galleries;
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of volunteers and museum and gallery audiences;
- The ability to use a range of communication skills in the workplace including delivering presentations; and
- A current driver’s licence.
Post graduate qualifications in Museum Studies or Cultural Heritage would be highly regarded.
This position has been classified as Grade 13 with a salary range of $1,235.20 to $1,336.60 per week for 35 hours work. This position includes weekend work and some public holidays. The commencement salary is subject to skills, experience and qualifications.
Please contact Bridget Guthrie on 02 6767 5225 if you have any questions about this position.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 21 September 2017.