Purpose of the Speaker Connect Program
Our Speaker Connect program aims to connect emerging and established history professionals with the community and local government organisations in Sydney and regional NSW.
Please note: this program is competitive and not all applications will be successful. Applications will be processed as soon as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted as soon as possible.
Speakers will be selected for:
-their demonstrated capacity to deliver an engaging and well-informed talk that illuminates aspects of Australian history, OR
- their capacity to deliver a professional development workshop geared toward the practice of history, and
- their capability & capacity to deliver a presentation, of an agreed length, via electronic means (eg Zoom) via the Host's or HCNSW's meeting appointment site.
What we offer and provide
- We offer a $100 honorarium to all online speakers, to be paid on completion of their talk. (Note: Speakers who travel for a significant distance and/or time will be paid a higher fee, to be negotiated with HCNSW staff).
- Alternatively, speakers can contribute their fee as a donation towards program costs.
- Any accommodation and travel costs (within NSW) that result from a Speaker Connect booking will be organised and paid for by the History Council of NSW.
- A kit of information to support the speaker administratively and to connect them with the host organisation.
What we require in return from the Speaker
- In order to participate in this program speakers must be current members.
- Online only: speakers must have access to and sole use of a computer, webcam, microphone and internet connection and be prepared to make their presentation via electronic means (eg Zoom). The presentation must be made in a quiet environment.
- Face-to-face only: If the Health Restrictions of COVID-19 are eased and it is agreed that it is safe to travel, Speakers may be required to travel to regions selected by them in this application. (To be negotiated).
- Online Speakers must be prepared to sign an appearance agreement, an advanced copy of which is available on request.
- Speakers must use an HCNSW template PowerPoint in their presentations (if used) and agree to acknowledge the History Council of NSW and its supporters in all presentation and promotional material.
- A brief report following the speaking event, as well as copies of promotional photographs of the event for use on our website and associated publications.
If you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 0418 811 522.