Applications are now open for the NSW History Fellowship, a funding opportunity offered by the State Government to a historian/practitioner working with history to undertake a self-directed program of professional development. The program of professional development is to enable the acquisition or development of skills, create new work or research, develop networks or mentorships, whether through facilitated formal or informal learning opportunities.
Who can apply?
- To be eligible to apply, you must identify as a historian/practitioner working in the discipline of history;
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident; and
- a NSW resident.
The History Fellowship is valued at $30,000.
Types of activities funded:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised historians or historical organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- skills development
- creation of new work
- any combination of the above.
Applicants are required to read the Arts and Cultural Development Program Guidelines before applying.
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Create NSW online application system.
Applications close: 7 August 2017 (Midnight, AEST – Sydney time)