Oral History NSW are hosting another practical workshop for all interested in recording the experiences of family, friends, local community, history of museum items or any other project incorporating memories of the past.
Come along to this very popular and informative workshop to equip you to undertake oral history interviews. Workshop leaders will be Janis Wilton, an experienced oral historian and Andrew Host, whose 35 years experience as a sound engineer can help you get quality recordings that will stand the test of time.
- introduction to oral history and the nature and reliability of memory
- preparing and structuring an oral history interview
- ethical issues, ownership, copyright and appropriate documentation
- choosing and using a digital recorder
- processing the interview – preparing a summary log
- interview transcription, aided by free downloadable software
- saving sound files, storage and preservation
When: Saturday 21 April 2018, 9:30am-4:30pm
Where: Information and Cultural Exchange, 8 Victoria Rd Parramatta NSW 2150
Cost: $105 General, $95 Oral History NSW & RAHS members. Morning & afternoon tea included. Book here.
Contact: (02) 8094 1239 or Minna Muhlen-Schulte email@example.com