Registrations are now open for the 2019 Australian Heritage Festival which will run from Thursday 18 April to Sunday 19 May. The Australian Heritage Festival is created with the vision of recognising and celebrating the significance of our natural, historic and Indigenous heritage places and ensuring they are valued by Australians, protected for future generations and cared for by the community. The National Trust of Australia is proud to coordinate the festival nationally, supported by the Australian Government.
The key dates for individuals and organisations holding events for the Australian Heritage Festival include:
- 25 October 2018: Registration for community events opens
- February 2019: The Australian Heritage Festival website goes live to the public with event listings featured across the country
- 29 March 2019: Registration of events close
- 18 April 2019: Australian Heritage Festival opens
- 19 May 2019: Australian Heritage Festival closes
- 20 May 2019 – 20 June 2019: Evaluation survey of the Australian Heritage Festival with Event Organisers and visitors from the community is completed
Interested? Here’s what you have to do:
Download the Event Organisers’ Toolkit which outlines everything you will need to complete your registration and how community events need to reflect the theme of the Australian Heritage Festival to be included as an official event. The Toolkit also outlines how the National Trust will promote your event and what support you will receive.