Woollahra Libraries are seeking a part time, self-motivated and experienced Local History Officer to provide a high quality information service on the history and heritage of the Woollahra Local government area including genealogy and family history.
The working hours for the part time position are 28 hours per week. This includes evening and weekend shifts. Local history experience and excellent customer service skill will ensure your success in this role.
- Completed or studying TAFE qualifications in library, museum studies or records management.
- Knowledge of local history collections and experience in a digital environment.
- An enthusiastic and engaging approach to providing excellent customer service, and demonstrated experience in library operations including delivery of programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a team member and independently, with proven time management and organisational skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise, consult and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed computer proficiency across a range of applications; knowledge and skills in current technology; and the ability to assist customers and staff in the use of this technology.
- Current Class C vehicle licence.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake the physical requirements of the position.
Applications close Monday 13 March 2017.
For further information about the role, please contact Joan Ruthven, Community Programs Team Leader on (02) 9391 7932, or follow the link below.
Preference for applications is online submission, however, hard copy applications will be accepted, addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
For information on applying for Council jobs, click here.