The Friends of Linnwood invite you to an open house at the Historic Linnwood house, set on 5 hectares of beautiful grounds at Guildford, in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. Linnwood was built in 1891 by George McCredie, a prominent businessman, Mayor of Holroyd, an independent free trader, advocate of female suffrage, and an independent member for the State seat of Central Cumberland. The Friends of Linnwood formed in 2002 to help preserve and protect the property, and it was successfully listed on the NSW State Heritage Register in February 2003.
The open house will include a display of vintage cars from the Studebaker Car Club of NSW Inc., Packard Automobile Club of Australia, Hudson-AMC Car Club, AMC Rambler Club, Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club and the Willys-Overland-Knight Registry. There will be music from the Toongabbie Music Club, displays from the Fairfield City Camera Club, arts & crafts stalls, Western Sydney Woodturners and the Traditional Tools Group. There will also be a sausage sizzle and Devonshire tea and cakes.
When: Sunday 9 July 2017, 11:00am-4:00pm
Where: Historic Linnwood, 25 Byron Road, Guildford
Cost: $3. Children under 5 free.
Contact: Dorothy 02 9632 9203 or Helen 02 9807 3224
Image courtesy Friends of Linnwood.