The History Council of NSW aims to ensure that history, in all its diverse forms, is an important part of the cultural life of the people and communities of New South Wales.
We provide services and programs, which aim to build capacity within the history sector and showcase the importance of history.
We focus on five key areas: awareness, diversity, excellence, advocacy and outreach.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop a relevant, vibrant and accessible professional development program for our members and audiences across New South Wales;
- Promote communication within the history sector and provide opportunities for collaboration;
- Provide a forum for identifying and responding to issues of relevance to the practice of history;
- Celebrate the diversity of and foster excellence in historical practice.
The History Council of NSW is staffed by Executive Officer, Nicole Cama, and Administrative Assistant, Amy Way, and is governed by the Executive Committee and General Council.
Nicole is a professional historian who enjoys sharing interesting stories from the past in creative ways.
Amy is a PhD Candidate at Macquarie University specialising in Australian history and Deep History.
- Networking opportunities 76.2%
- Professional development 47.6%
- Awards and prizes 47.6%
- Online resources 42.9%
- Advocacy submissions 38.1%
- Sector news 33.3%
- Employment bulletin 23.8%
Let us know what you think
What services and programs do you think the History Council should offer its members and audiences?
Some of our members and supporters have already voted on what they would like to see. Help us collect more information and improve our services.